Thursday 16 September 2010

Hongdae 홍대

Did I mention i am staying in the Hongik area?

After "school" i decided to come home and i created an aim for myself... that was to find the Coffee Prince (Korean Drama) Cafe which was somewhere around here...

Like i said before, when there is an objective/goal, there is usually more motivation to do something. The goal need not be a big one, cos ultimately, the journey is what makes it fun, not the destination; but without the destination, the journey will never get started.

First... Hongik is pronounced as Hongdae (홍대) over here.

This area is one of the hot spots (there are quite a number of such "hotspots" actually and this is just one of them....) because there are 2 universities in the vicinity. The area here is often full of young undergrads and yuppies, streets are full of shops selling clothes, accessories, bags etc. And there are cafes and restaurants EVERYWHERE, there is seriously no lack of food in this area!

This is one of the intersections of the streets along Hongdae and this shop is one of my favourite accessory shop - cant recall the name though, but it blasts deafening music and has a pink signboard.

In comparison with many other accessory shops i have seen in Sinchon, Myeongdong and Dongdaemun, this shop actually offers accessories at pretty good prices. e.g. like the famous OWL necklace only costs 3000 won here about SGD3.60... I have seen it in Singapore at $19.90...

What i thought was only a 1 hour walk turned out to last about 3 hours?
These are the close-up shots of the accessories i found pretty...

Walking on.... the streets are full of people on a Monday! And those streets with glorious lights really boosted my spirits!

So according to the map, i was walking towards Coffee Prince... but it turns out there were 2 Coffee Princes. I don't know which is the imitation.


The picture on the bottom left is the first one i found, but i am convinced this is not the one i wanted to see, so i walked on reverse and somehow found the one of the bottom right. 

This was the site used for the filming but which was also closed!
Mission accomplished...
Though i did want to have a cuppa coffee there, i had dinner ready for me, so gotta accept that things don't usually always turn out the way i'd like them to turn out yeah...

This was my home-made (but not by me, by my housemate) dinner for the night...


Walking down these streets on my own did somehow cheer me up as i did felt kinda blue...

The thought of not having my friends (not new friends, but friends whom i know, like those in Singapore) to hang out with did dampen my spirits and i have began to miss home.

Perhaps i have came to a point where i learn to treat myself as a friend, to spend as much time with myself as if i were my own best friend it's a kind of self-discovery and reflection that can probably be encountered when you are alone...

Photo-spamming time!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I read each one of them. ;)