Now let's talk about the much raved about Etude House Wonder Pore Range. The name itself is already enticing isn't it?
WONDER PORE FRESHNER
Testimonies measuring the effectiveness of this product:
68% claims it has made their skin softer.
64% claims that their coarse skin has became smoother
59% claims that their skin shows increase in luster & radiance (sparkly sparkly twinkle)
58% claims that their fragile, thin skin has became more moist
55% claims that their skin elasticity has improved (highly springy)
THE PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
This product is the total solution for pore care, preventing enlarged pores, less firmer skin and skin troubles by eliminating what hurts the skin from within.
7-in-1 Solution - Like WOW!
Check-Check! (Who should use this?)- If you are one of those suffering from itchy skin,
- If you have sudden, unexpected skin trouble,
- If you feel there is over secretion/production of sebum,
- If you feel your pores are gradually becoming wider
Directions (pretty clear)1. Apply on cotton pad then swipe it over the face (like you would for a toner), once in the morning and once at night.
2. Pour it into a mist-spray bottle and refresh yourself with the mist anytime of the day.
I like that it claims to deliver these 7 solutions all-in-one:
1. Deep cleanse pores,
2. Mantain ph4.5 ± 1,
3. Control large amount of sebum,
4. Minimises appearance of pores,
5. Refine skin tones,
6. Keep elasticity of pores,
7. Moisturize form inside out.
Afterall, who doesn't want to have clean, even, firm, and well-hydrated and balanced skin that is not oily?
It is 6-FREE: NO parabens, mineral oil, artificial fragrance, artificial pigments, talc and animal ingredients.
Its use of Traditional Korean Herbs & Plant Extracts that includes
- Korean Pasque Flower, Dandelion, Chrysanthemum, Hinoki Cypress Extracts to treat acne, inflammation with their anti-bacterial properties,
- Rose Geranium Burnet, Lotus Flower, Gambier, Cinnamon Extracts to suppress over production of sebum by tightening pores.
Look at the price? - 15,000 won for 500ml!
Top 10 (which usually constitutes the majority of what the product is made of)
Water, Chrysanthellum Indicum Extract, Alcohol Denat, Glycerin, Buylene Glycol, Glycereth-26, Betaine, Sea Water, Peg-660 Hydronated Castor Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate
11th and after - includes all that herbs and plant extract, including Hyaluronic Acid.
I feel comforted seeing Chrysanthellum Indicum Extract listed as 2nd on the list because after doing some online research, it reflects the following benefits (in summary):
- an anti-radical power that slows rate of aging and even has repairing actions &
- an excellent anti-inflammatory agent which can provide relief to skin certain conditions.
Read more about this from: Source
After using this for a little over a month, this is my say:
- I absolutely loved the bottle, the fact that you just place a cotton pad on top of the pump, pump and you have it ready for application. Convenient. Neat. Clean. Hygienic.
- The scent was not repulsive, in fact it was very light and acceptable.
- It did seem to clean my pores well cause I feel squeaky clean after wiping my face with the cotton pad though it did sting a wee-tit-bit (probably because of the alcohol content), but after 1 week or so, it was fine.
- It didn't actually remove my blackheads - I still did my manual extraction, but applying this after the extraction did soothe my inflamed skin.
- It left a fresh feeling that was balanced (no tightness felt)
- No outbreaks or allergic reactions were recorded
- And using it with Skin Malgem was superb cause this helps soothe and cleanse and that helps deliver some acid to exfoliate and moisture.
It didn't seem to control my sebum-over production problem, nor add moisture to my skin cause even when I use it as a mist several times throughout the day, my skin just gets shiny after a while (as per usual). My skin tone remains the same. My pores are the same, didn't grow bigger, and didn't grow smaller. The key is it is clean!
For a product from Etude House, containing all those ingredients & at that price, I must say I am impressed and will certainly continue to use it (yes! with Skin Malgem)
I don't expect it to lighten my pigmentation (c'mon it's just a toner!) or minimise my pores (hello, this is not a magic balm, even magic balms may not help big pores! Try laser yo!) I expect it perform like a toner - to leave my skin feeling clean and fresh. And that is exactly what it did for me. And perhaps, it did reduce the rate of pores being enlarged too.
Overall, I am one happy user of this product!