Thursday 9 September 2010

First day in Seoul...

Day 2 in Korea and i should better update otherwise, i m likely to forget! hahaha...

I am so touched by the "send-off" party at the airport the night before... You guys rock!


And of course, my beloved family! :)





The few days prior to departure was pretty "stressful" as my bags are too heavy and i was so uncertain about what to expect. I was finally seeing my plans come true! And it was almost unreal...i went packing/unpacking/packing/unpacking and ALAS, my luggage was down to 26 kg, but my carry on was like a whopping 14kg in total - almost about to BURST!

As i bid goodbye, my feelings were kinda mixed... although just a short 3 months, i felt like i missed my family even before parting... yet on the other hand, i am extremely nervous and excited about living in Korea...

First thing i did upon touch down was to get my rented mobile phone... Got Student Rate! hahaha 1/2 price!


My Korean friend, Yujin was here to receive me and we headed to the place i stay via the Airport Limousine....


The luggage was no joke man! Imagine 2 girls pushing over 40kg worth of bags across the roads, through the streets etc... I kinda regretted bringing so many things as i was about to find out they have a DAISO just next door! HAH!

This is one of the streets in the Hongdae area.




The first impression i had when i reached the house was - huh.... so "lok cok"... The entrance was a small one... it isn't significant and being a "pang ji ha" (which is a half-basement" house...)it seems to give the impression of a very damp, dark and smelly place... Lucky thing was i expected nothing, so there wasn't much disappointment...


Once in the house, i kinda felt better as the place was actually rather clean though the living roomas slightly messy. The toilet and the kitchen was EXCEPTIONALLY clean and and very well-mantained...(I would soon find out that the main tenant of this house, Seonyu is such a dilligent lady who cleans the place and tries to keep it as tidy as possible as the men (2 of them!) usually don't do it!)


My room is actually clean (except for that the windows looked slightly dirty!)... Small, but very cosy... So i started my own edition of Project Homeway! Though i slept very little on the flight here... I had to organise my room so somehow, there was the adrenaline!


I asked for the best few places to head to for purchase of such furniture and there you go! Daiso! Grand Mart! (both are walking distance from where i stay) and Homeplus! (which was a few subway rides away...the popular household brand, akin to our NTUC and Carrefour)...

In fact, i had no time to miss home... i dived straight into buying stuff, cleaning up the room and organising my stuff! By the end of the day... I was ready to call this my haven in Seoul...



I have so much to update, but right now, i just need to go sleep and wake up EARLY tmr for my placement test! Nights and i will log on soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I read each one of them. ;)